What is COPPA and why is it important?
Although Q Rangers’ physical assets are located in Canada, the website runs in compliance with applicable laws of Canada, UK, and US.
One of the encompassing laws created to protect children is COPPA or the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. This means that verifiable parental consent must be obtained by an entity (such as this website) before getting personal information from children below the age of 13. Furthermore, once the personal information of children below the age of 13 is obtained, we may not use or disclose it without a parent’s or guardian’s consent.
As a parent or guardian of child users (children under the age of 13), you are:
- Responsible for picking classes, filling out forms and payments
- To create and maintain your “My Account” information
- Responsible for providing verifiable parental consent when you agree to provide a child user’s personal information.
How will we obtain verifiable parental consent?
- We will require parents / guardians to go on a video call with our sales representative agreeing to provide their child’s personal information upon the purchase of the classes.
- Parents/Guardians will create their “My Account” on the website and their initials will be required upon filling out the registration/ enrollment form, signifying their consent to provide their child’s personal information necessary for enrollment.
Please be assured that Q Rangers will take care of your and your child’s personal information. Parents/Guardians are in control of their child’s information. You may at any time ask us to review how it is used and how it is kept. You may also instruct us to delete it at any time, even during ongoing classes.
COPPA Direct Notice For Kids
Hey there! We are glad to have you onboard. Please know that we have specific rules for child users or users below the age of 13.
Have you heard of the COPPA or the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act? It was created to protect how child users’ information is used by websites such as this.
Here at Q Rangers, we want to make sure that your personal information is safe. That is why we will always ask for your parents’ permission before we get your personal information.
To keep you safe, you should never give your personal information such as your full name to strangers! Your parents/guardians will help you stay safe. You should always get their permission or verifiable parental consent if you would like to take a class with us.
If you want to study with us, make sure to let your parents/guardians know so they can help you fill out the needed forms for the enrollment process.